Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

How do you...

get a stubborn almost 3 year old to take medicine?! Mercie has an ear infection and the doc prescribed her some antibiotics - AMOXILLIN! The best tasting antibiotic ever created! And she refuses to take it. We have spanked...gotten angry...tried forcing her...the only way she got it was mixing it with her lemonaide...but does that cause it to lose potency?? I did get her to take it this afternoon only because her ear is killing her!! And I had to hold her mouth open and force the dropper to the back of her throat...man this is so hard. I have never seen a more persistent stubborn toddler!

2 comments:

Praises from a Wife and Mommy! said...

I have a stubborn 3 year old also. I do not have any issues with the amoxicillin thankfully because it does taste good and is pink and she loves pink. She would not take her cough medicine tonight which is an all natural medicine and I was bummed. Maybe a small bribe like a m&m or other small piece of candy? I did not try that but just a thought?

Pamela said...

Oh bless your heart. I don't think it changes the potency because our dr. used to suggest mixing it in applesauce. Unfortunately my daughter could smell it a mile away!