Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Great Website

I have been reading alot on raisinggodlytomatoes.com. It's a wonderful website with tons of good Godly parenting information and advice. Right now I'm reading about tomato staking AKA supervising  your children constantly to avoid any bad behavior or habits that could get started and to be available to immediately correct bad behavior and encourage good behavior. I know this is good advice, because I've noticed that when I send the kids off to play alone, it ususally causes problems. They either fight, or argue, or someone gets hurt, or a big mess is made, or they whine, etc. When I'm playing with them or even just in the same room as them, they play much better. Not to say kids shouldn't ever play alone, because everyday Mercie takes a nap and Eli and Mikaela have quiet time and it works well most of the time. And I can't sit and play all day. I have a nursing baby and clothes to wash and a house to keep clean and meals to cook. But I think I'm going to try to be near them all the time, to keep them around me or keep them in a neutral room, like the living room, so I can keep a constant check on what's going on. Preventative parenting, where I don't have to discipline, just correct.

Silas is almost 6 months old, and a precious baby. He is still ALMOST exclusively nursing, as I have introduced applesauce once and he kindof liked it. He loved the taste, but wasn't sure exactly what to do with it! He is ALMOST sitting up alone. He can for just a bit, but can't always catch himself when he goes to fall over. He rolls around everywhere! His first tooth just peeked above the gum yesterday, so it's ALMOST all the way through. He is still waking at night to nurse a few times. He is still sleeping with us most of the night. I have been starting him out in his bed, and the first time he wakes, I bring him in bed with me and nurse him until he goes back to sleep. He naps off and on throughout the day, not on any particular schedule. Which is fine by me. He's the first baby I haven't put on a schedule, but it's working just fine. He still must be rocked to sleep for his nap if he doesn't fall asleep eating. He is so sweet and precious and I love to rock him and nurse him and kiss him...He is growing way too fast, and I'm doing all I can to hold on to a few precious moments.

1 comment:

Beth Herring said...

I think you are such a wise and awesome mom. Sometimes we have to do preventative parenting. Not always convenient but it probably is easier in the long run.

Loved feeling that little tooth of Silas'.. He is so adorable.