Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Growing up

Silas is getting SO big. This morning, when I went to get him out of his crib (because he slept ALL NIGHT for the SECOND night in a row!!), he was STANDING UP IN HIS CRIB! For the first time!! He's been pulling up for a week or two now, but it was the first time in his crib!!

Then he was 'cruising' back and forth between his toy basket and his jungle gym!! And now he is crusing back and forth on his ABC train!

It blows me away how FAST they grow up! It's exciting, but it's also sad. He won't be an infant much longer. He's going to be a toddler - walking, talking, playing, eating real food. It really makes you stop and CHERISH these moments.

Moments of rocking him sleep.
Moments of kissing his soft hair.
Moments of breathing in his sweet smell.
Changing his little diapers.
Tickling his tiny feet.
Giggling over each new milestone reached.
Watching him nurse.
Holding him.

I know how fast it passes. Mikaela is EIGHT. Eli is FIVE. Mercie is THREE.

Where does time go? Why must these moments pass by and become the past? Why do babies have to grow into adults? Why is our time with them so fleeting?

I tell Mikaela all the time, "You can quit GROWING now!!" And she just laughs. But...but we can talk now. We can joke around. She wants my company. She wants me to teach her things...how to cook...how to draw...how to sew (!)...how to be a mommy. She wants me to be her friend. Her confidant. Her counselor. She tells me her secrets, her fears, her dreams, her aspirations (which change almost daily). She talks to me about God. About her understanding of who He is...about he questions she has about Him...And I guess, that although I long to keep her young and innocent, growing up is part of God's plan for all of us. And as sad as it can be, it is also amazing and exciting to be a part of my child's life. To have a relationship. Fellowship.

So, although I am sad they are all growing up, I am thankful that I have the opportunity to watch them grow up!

1 comment:

Beth Herring said...

oh, i totally get this Megan. Yesterday you were just a baby and today? an amazing young mother of 4 precious children! where DOES the time go??